10 Minutes from Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup. Discuss..................

+5
CS Lewis
Idiot.Bot
Paulisdead18
Lois Millard
Helping 'Arry
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World Cup. Discuss.................. Empty World Cup. Discuss..................

Post  Helping 'Arry Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Anything you want to get off of your chest, here's the place.

I'll start.

What the **** is going on? I've got my boots ready and I'm on the next flight out
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

World Cup. Discuss.................. Empty Re: World Cup. Discuss..................

Post  Lois Millard Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:12 am

I've no idea! It's totally absurd, isn't it? The UK, France, Italy and Spain?!? What is going on with these teams?!? (well, France I get - they're fighting amongst themselves, but seriously... at this level of competition you can't try to get along?)

I've no idea what is going to happen next. I really don't. Shocked
Lois Millard
Lois Millard
Instant human - just add coffee

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2008-08-16

https://10mfh.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

World Cup. Discuss.................. Empty Re: World Cup. Discuss..................

Post  Helping 'Arry Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:34 am

Never had you as a footy fan for some reason, Lois, but glad to see you're keeping up!! Very Happy

I think it's something in the water, or, maybe the ball, or maybe, over confidence and arrogannce (certainly in the French case, in-fighting or not!! Wink )

It's gonna be a few tense days, bring it on!!!! cheers

I will be gutted, if Italy, England and in some sadistic way, the Germans go out.

I just want England to shake it up a bit, try something different, and just bl00dy shoot, so we can at least try to score!!!! Come On England :coolguns:
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Yes. England really needs to come alive now and do something or they might find themselves eliminated! I was sure they'd take the group and my own US team would be slugging it out with Slovenia for the second spot! Really surprising!

And... I only ever follow the World Cup. It's the only "football" I am able to follow well here in the US. (except for our own American Football, of course) I would have hoped that it would become more popular here as I do enjoy the game! Smile Perhaps one day!
Lois Millard
Lois Millard

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Tell me about it, we are quite worried, as we've not been playing at all well.

I've been to the US before and know how mad you are for the American Football. But, I did see the Womens World Cup live on US TV when I was there years ago. The first US TV broadcast with no ad breaks in a game. History in the making!!!! LOL!

I must admit to liking my American Footy too, and a childhood Bears fan, who also has a soft spot for the Vikings (cool helmets) and Jacksonville (friends live there) and Lions (friend works/lives there)
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:36 am

Argh! Harry, you like the wrong American Football teams!! I'll forgive you 'cause you're a Brit, though. Razz I'm a St Louis Rams fan, myself.
Lois Millard
Lois Millard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulisdead18 Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Honestly, i really hate the fact that America stole the name of football, made it their own, and called the real football soccer. It annoys me that we are so ignorant like that.
Paulisdead18
Paulisdead18

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-04-02

https://www.youtube.com/user/Paulisdead18?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post  Idiot.Bot Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:59 pm

paul... globally more people call it soccer than football.... sad but true.
our glorious (and fragrant) leader... surely you mean the LA rams? (yes its 1994 on my planet)... and the cardinals are the St Louis team btw... Oakland Raiders for the win... or the most fouls per game.... its all good

as far as the england soccer team ( sorry paul) tomorrow (or later today) we will see another flaccid performance from a bunch of over paid prima donnas and england will exit the world cup.
and i for one blame Rio Ferdinand... mainly because i met him once and he is a dick. H eis exactly as you would expect him to be. in all seriousness please fabio play joe cole. please . please . please .

on another note its funny how many of the england squad are always west ham... not so much current (money!) but youth team/ academy etc.
sack fabiio cappello even though he looks like my grandad ( or aleast before he died) - we want 'The Chosen One'

final point.... the french... HA! HA! HA!

now feel free to disagree

IB pig
Idiot.Bot
Idiot.Bot
Loose Cannon & General Liability

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:41 am

No, let's just laugh at the French!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Come On England, we are prima donnas, but we can do it.

'Arry

PS It's LA Raiders, not Oakland!! Smile
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Idiot.Bot Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:29 am

Helping 'Arry wrote:

PS It's LA Raiders, not Oakland!! Smile

not on my planet....

showing my age now. Wink

IB pig
Idiot.Bot
Idiot.Bot
Loose Cannon & General Liability

Number of posts : 486

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Really, I thought they were always LA, and Oakland was this new fangled, lets move idea. Apologies if I was wrong
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Now, hold on a minute, fellows... Yes. The Raiders used to be in LA - as did the Rams. The Rams are now in St. Louis (which is closer to me so that's a good thing though not so close that I can just pop in to see a game) and the Raiders moved to Oakland.

*pauses to laugh at the Frendh*

Now, then... the sport at hand! Kudos to the UK for their win and YAY!!! THE US PULLED ONE OUT OF THEIR ASSES! YES!!!!! *grins and giggles like a maniac* I thought I was going to lose it! *takes a deep breath and sighs*

All is well in the world. Well - my own little world, that is. And I don't care what we call it! Football, soccer, whatever! Razz A rose by any other name....
Lois Millard
Lois Millard

Back to top Go down

Post  CS Lewis Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 pm

I must be the one on the wrong planet....

Here on planet Earth, where the IMPORTANT sports are being discussed, the Sox and the Rays are both tied a game and a half behind the Yankees.

Football, Soccer, Football? No sir. It's Baseball. Always Baseball.

CS Lewis
CS Lewis

Number of posts : 335

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:41 am

Huh. Sorry, CS - just can't get into baseball since the strikes. Besides, the game is too slow for my tastes. *yawns*
(and... I just dated myself, didn't I? Razz )
Lois Millard
Lois Millard

Back to top Go down

Post  Aces fan Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 am

Sorry sports fans but here in the frozen north Hockey is the name of the game.
Aces fan
Aces fan

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:17 pm

How did you manage to say that so fluently, as, as a hockey player, you don't have all your teeth?! Wink
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  CS Lewis Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Lois Millard wrote:Huh. Sorry, CS - just can't get into baseball since the strikes....

The baseball strike? Boy you sure can hold a grudge boss. Remind me NEVER to do anything to make you mad at me.

Please tell me it hasn't been since the strike since you've BEEN to a baseball game? If not, give it a try. It's a whole different experience than watching it on TV.

CS Lewis
CS Lewis

Number of posts : 335

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:56 pm

CS Lewis wrote:
Lois Millard wrote:Huh. Sorry, CS - just can't get into baseball since the strikes....

The baseball strike? Boy you sure can hold a grudge boss. Remind me NEVER to do anything to make you mad at me.

Please tell me it hasn't been since the strike since you've BEEN to a baseball game? If not, give it a try. It's a whole different experience than watching it on TV.

Um... yeah, actually. Not since the strike. I did get a little bit excited about the Phillies last year, though... (but only a smidge!)
Lois Millard
Lois Millard

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:37 am

When I was in Boston, I did take a walk up to the stadium, and it's impressive, but it's hard to get excited about Rounders really!!!! Laughing

*covers his head with his arms, grins, and runs for cover*
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Egide Broussard Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 am

Ahhh, humbug. Us Americans got booted out in the first elimination match....by Ghana! Curses. I was feeling good for a while there.....ah well, we put up a good show. Better than most would expect anyways. Those last minutes of extra time were pretty exciting...better luck next year for us, eh?
Egide Broussard
Egide Broussard

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-05-07

http://www.tvtropes.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:12 am

Well, then... *scans the teams that are left*
What do you think? Brazil and Argentina in the final match?
Lois Millard
Lois Millard

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:47 am

I still think Holland will have a lot to say, as they are Argentina were my tips pre tournament
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  MattRUK Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Spain Portugal tonight, should be interesting!
MattRUK
MattRUK
Dirt-napper Expert: Viable Insurance Against Necro Takeover

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:58 am

Wow, Harry! Good call! the Dutch did, indeed, have quite a bit to say!

This changes everything! Very Happy
Lois Millard
Lois Millard

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Yup, I even called the 2-1 score to my colleagues earlier on today. Just wish I'd put money on it!!!!
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next