Want to be a member of 10 minutes from hell?

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Want to be a member of 10 minutes from hell?

Post  Lois Millard on Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 am

Brandon, Kristian and Juvi Nile: You should be able to see a new area of the forum - the Potential Members area! There will be a topic with your name in it. Please use these threads to communicate with the rest of us. If you have questions, please ask!

Mazman34340 and Egide Broussard: I'll need your UDID to approve you for potential membership. (click your name in the game screen and copy what appears in your address bar here) Thanks!

B0NESY: I notice you have a group name in your profile. Do you still want to be a member of 10 minutes from hell?

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2008-08-16

View user profile http://10mfh.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Egide Broussard on Thu May 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Sorry, here you go. Same name in game, and I'm having trouble making my way over to you guys. I'm trying to stay inside, but sometimes buildings just don't lead where I want them to. I'm making my way west though, slowly but surely...

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1736553
Egide Broussard

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-05-07

View user profile http://www.tvtropes.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard on Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks, Egide!

I've added you to the potential members group so you should see a new section of the forum. Look for the topic with your name in it and follow the instructions. Team members will be able to communicate with you there.

Here is a map I find handy (I'm not sure how familiar you are with the game). It should help you find your way!
http://dssrzs.org/map/

Back to top Go down

Post  Syphon on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Wasn't sure to register under my character's name, or the name I go by on BS, but anyways...

Wanted to join my survivor lady, Cynthia Rembrandt, up with 10 minutes from hell. Heard about you from Lois's sig in BS, and wanted to run with a pro-survivor group of merit that isn't basicly all work, no fun or simply just too overbearing.

Already got her to Molebank and she's got the basic necessities to partake in anti-zombie guerilla warfare, aside from needing to restock her munitions supplies. (in progress.)
Syphon

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:30 am

Welcome Syphon! We spoke a bit on BS so I'm already familiar with you. It's fine to use Syphon here on the forum but please put your character's UDID in your sig so we can add you to our contacts.

I'll place you on the prospective members list and you'll be able to see a different section of the forum. We'll speak more there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Lois,

Sorry about the confusion earlier in confirming the registration, I am easily distracted by pizza (it's a character flaw, I know). My real name is Matt, which might come in handy later (lol).

First, a little about me. I'm fairly new to UD, I was introduced to the game a couple of months ago by my son (who has been playing for a long time). I've created (and abandoned) several characters since I joined, as I tried to figure out what I wanted to play. I've kept them separate (per the rules, no sharing same building, etc) and I've been exploring the different styles of play each class gives. Neil is the 1st scientist I rolled up, and he's been struggling since I didn't really know what to do/how to do it. I have since rolled up a new scientist (with a more appropriate name) and who has been doing a lot better since I don't make the same mistakes with him as I did with Neil. I like the newer character so much more that I paid the $5 to make him immune to the IP limit (something I haven't done for Neil). I was actually planning on retiring Neil this weekend, once I found a place to dump the three (3) generators he's carrying (I did mention that I originally had no idea what a scientist was supposed to be doing, right?)

I've been moving my other tech North towards Molebank (intending to move him into the area when I retire Neil). I've been very impressed with 10MFH, and was planning to ask if you were recruiting. Then of course, you asked Neil if he was interested, and I feel kind of foolish. Embarassed To top things off, my scout character (Felix), who has been running around looking for an organized survivor group, was recruited by The Fortress today. I had just logged in from reading all of their recruitment/welcome info when I saw your message to Neil. I play for a month and can't find a single organized group looking for a new recruit, and then in one day I find TWO that are interested in my characters - I don't know if I should be overjoyed, or beat my head on the desk.

Assuming you don't mind me having an alt in another survivor organization, I would like to join 10MFH. However I'd prefer to join using my other tech (Norton McAfee, who is about 35 XP behind Neil). He's one of my 'paid to play' characters, and I can go ahead and retire Neil as planned.

I have a UD Wikipedia page, where all of my characters are linked, and you can read more about me:

My UD Wikipage

In any case, it was nice to meet you and I'd like to say thanks for the help 10MFH has given me during my stay in Molebank.

Matt (aka Scubamatt)

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Pokenprod on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Oi Matt,

a couple of things. First, there's no particular way scientists are supposed to be played. It just takes less XP to grind up a basic healer and/or reviver. Two, there is absolutely no problem with having multiple alts being members of different survivor groups. Keep your alts at least ten blocks apart within each 24 hour period and you're golden. Three, if there's a group you like you can always ask to join. No need to wait for an invite. Four... I forgot. Oh right. Lois has to do some magic.
Doc Pokenprod

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey, Matt! I'm glad to see you made it over here. Doc already answered your questions, I believe, so...
*waves magic wand*
lol!
Welcome Aboard!!

You'll now be able to view the Potential Members area of the forum where we allow you time to settle in and get to know you and you get to know us a bit better.

You'll find a thread with your name on it there and you should use that thread to communicate with us! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Norton_McAfee on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:41 pm

OK, got it solved Lois.

User name is Norton_McAfee

You can delete the Neil Ninefingers user.

I've changed my group for Norton (in UD), to show 10 Minutes From Hell.

(there was much rejoicing)
cheers
Norton_McAfee

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Pokenprod on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Since I spotted Neil Ninefingers in Molebank, you'll want to move that alt at least two suburbs over (to Chudleyton or North Blythville, say) and keep Norton a similar distance away for at least 24 hours after relocating Neil.
Doc Pokenprod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Norton_McAfee on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm

No problem, Norton is in Wykewood, out of AP at the moment. Neil has been dumping his generators and fuel in any building that looks like it can use them, then he's going far away (and being retired).
Norton_McAfee

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Good news, Neil erm, Norton! I deleted Neil and you're all set up for Norton!

Back to top Go down

I want to join

Post  Nick on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:17 am

um i just started yesterday and looked around for a group once i ran out of ap here is my stats http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1785499 i wanted to join so i could have some help and help other people out

Nick

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Idiot.Bot on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:35 am

Hey Nick,

where is your character at the moment - 10 mfh is based in St Elisabeth's Hospital in Molebank but as a low level you may want to hang back as we are undergong quite an interesting Zombie siege at the moment - 37 zeds and counting Wink

Anyways howdy and Lois - our glorious leader will prolly be along in a moment or 3!

IB

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Egide Broussard on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah, we're in a bit of a situation at the moment...If you feel you can help though, be my guest.
Egide Broussard

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-05-07

View user profile http://www.tvtropes.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:33 pm

okay im in crowbank right now im gonna try and help out if i survive for tonight

Nick

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Welcome, Nick! I'm going to add you to our potential members group and you will be able to access another area of the board. We'll talk more there! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Otuel on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Hey,
Im new to Urban Dead and just signed up. Im a level 1 scout named Otuel in west greyside but im making my way to molebank now. It shouldnt be to difficult since i have the skill freerunning..Still a little worried about dying though lol Smile I was looking through groups and this seemed the most friendly to us noobs so i decided to give it a shot.
Otuel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Idiot.Bot on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:45 am

hi Otuel,

well we'll take that as a compliment!

Molebank is pretty unfriendly for low level people at the moment.... but you are more than welcome to come join the fight!

10 mfh operate a probationary period policy - our glorious leader Lois will no doubt be along shortly to explain further Wink

In the mean time can we have a link to your profile please.

Cheers

IB pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Otuel on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 pm

A typical noob :p Nothing special about my profile lol
But here it is Smilehttp://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1791869
Otuel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 am

Greetings, Otuel! Sorry about the delay... I was away over the weekend. Smile I've processed your application and you now have access to the Potential Members area of our forum. We'll talk more there!

Back to top Go down

Post  R0mmP3rSt0mP3r on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:51 am

Please include your UD ID, why you wish to join 10 Minutes from Hell, and how you heard of us in your request. We will then contact you and let you know where to go to meet some of our members.

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1562590

I am sick of just playing by myself Wink Nothing to do at this level. I saw your ad on the urabnwiki. Hope to join soon Smile I am a skillfull player who has been around for a long time.
R0mmP3rSt0mP3r

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Idiot.Bot on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:29 am

Hey romper... i know what you mean about playing solo.... Cool what kind of role in the game do you tend to play?

Right i see you're experienced - which is good - 10 mfh are based in molebank & currently swiming against the tide trying to take it back...

we operate a prospect system - the big boss Lois will be along soon to have a llok - if we go ahead then we'll give access to the prospective members area so we can all get a little more aquianted.

I've added your profile to my contacts and hopefully we'll see you soon.

IB pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lois Millard on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 am

Hi, R0mmP3r. I have to say... your name seems familiar to me. Could you have played quite a bit in Molebank a while back as a zombie? scratch Or... Where might I know you from?

In any case, I see your "group" is listed as Anti RolePlayers and, well, I have to say that 10 minutes from hell does do quite a bit of roleplaying. Are you sure we are the right group for you? You're more than welcome to join up but I just want to make sure that you know what you are getting into, is all. Smile

I'll wait for your response before I further process your application.

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Pokenprod on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 am

Lois Millard wrote:Hi, R0mmP3r. I have to say... your name seems familiar to me.

Or maybe you entered the PKs filed against him Smile
Doc Pokenprod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top