10 Minutes from Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Without tempting fate............

2 posters

Go down

Without tempting fate............ Empty Without tempting fate............

Post  Helping 'Arry Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:54 am

Summer is nearly here! WooHoo, what a lovely day again, shorts and tshirt all day today. Enjoy your weekend and all of the predicted sunshine, peeps and don't overdo the cider! Wink

'Arry out

PS Come on you, Spurs.
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Without tempting fate............ Empty Re: Without tempting fate............

Post  MattRUK Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:42 am

I've had to knock back a ticket today! Not been on since we drew with Arsenal and won the league last season. Right in the middle of the Stretty End where my aunty has a season ticket it was. The bloke next to her had four season tickets, one of which was for sale, but I had to knock it back because I work two weekends out of every three. Last season I hit gold and got the City, Arsenal and Liverpool games along with a few others.

I like Palacios and Niko out of your lot the best I think, and Bale deserves a big kiss after last weekend.

On the plus side I have sky so it's about to go right off! Bon chance and all that; Spurs fans are generally a good bunch from the ones i've met. Arsenal and Chelsea fans are generally right cocks! I don't mind losing to sides that play good football, and Harry has the golden touch at putting good sides together. These are 3 points we both really need and it's win-win for me. If we win we get a chance at the league, if you win City miss out on Champions League!!

With a bag of sweets, and a cheeky smile, Wenger is a..... Very Happy
MattRUK
MattRUK
Dirt-napper Expert: Viable Insurance Against Necro Takeover

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:39 am

MattRUK wrote:I've had to knock back a ticket today! Not been on since we drew with Arsenal and won the league last season. Right in the middle of the Stretty End where my aunty has a season ticket it was. The bloke next to her had four season tickets, one of which was for sale, but I had to knock it back because I work two weekends out of every three. Last season I hit gold and got the City, Arsenal and Liverpool games along with a few others.

I like Palacios and Niko out of your lot the best I think, and Bale deserves a big kiss after last weekend.

On the plus side I have sky so it's about to go right off! Bon chance and all that; Spurs fans are generally a good bunch from the ones i've met. Arsenal and Chelsea fans are generally right cocks! I don't mind losing to sides that play good football, and Harry has the golden touch at putting good sides together. These are 3 points we both really need and it's win-win for me. If we win we get a chance at the league, if you win City miss out on Champions League!!

With a bag of sweets, and a cheeky smile, Wenger is a..... Very Happy

I'm in a group of 4 ST holders, and it's been my first season in over 10 years where I've been able to attend every home game!!Normally a wedding, holiday or work gets in the way, and TV now moves the games to evenings, or sundays when you have other stuff on. Where is 3pm Saturday footy gone?!?! Don't go away much anymore, as the prices of places like Chel$ki and Ar5ena1 are just too high now, and I use the time to go to grounds I've not done before, rather than retread old ground. Done OT, Scum, Chel$ki etc, so dont bother anymore

Niko is class, he can just be non-existent in games sometimes. Wilson is ace, but, he gives away the ball too often with passes. He wins the ball and holds well, but can be a weak link at times, and I think if we'd have left our team as the same for Ars3 and Chelski, we would have had a different result yesterday, but we tried to accomodate him back in and it didn't work.

As for the fans, I'm of course going to agree with you about us!! Smile but the chelsea 'fans' are all c0cks, because there are so few originals, they are all too new to it all and most do not have a clue about football. As for Scum fans, well.................................

lol, classic that one! Wink
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  MattRUK Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:51 am

Good game and 2 stonewall pens swayed it really. Quite unusual at our place to actually win fair pens! Razz

Have you seen the bizarre rumours about Gerrard?
MattRUK
MattRUK

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:07 am

Yeah, just clumsiness really, but after what Webb has done to us before, as you say, at least they were real pens!!

Yeah, had a text about it the other day. I'll wait for it to hit the headlines though, as to be honest, I don't give a fig what any of them get up to, as it's of no interest to me. Without getting on my soapbox, all the media and hype over footy players and 'showbiz' people really doesn't interest me and is just another reason why most of the people in the country, i don't care for, as they are obsessed with all of it. Just let 'em dig their own graves.

Rant over! Smile
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  MattRUK Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 am

I actually felt a bit sorry for him after reading this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560616/Soccer-star-gangsters-Steven-Gerrard-murky-depths-Liverpools-underworld.html

It must be hard when your past keeps coming back to haunt you. The criminal element, especially where weapons and drugs are concerned, don't care about ethics and rules, even if the person is an England player!

My job entails a lot of dangerous work with adversarial people; up until a few months ago we were constantly visiting a flat one of our girls kept running to. The occupant's partner decided one night to knife a bloke to death on the doorstep who dared to bang on the door. The Police weren't happy sending PCSOs to the address because they weren't equipped with vests, batons and pepper-spray but we were rocking up with a smile and an ID badge. I'm not particularly brave or tough so I shat it when I found out!
MattRUK
MattRUK

Back to top Go down

Post  Helping 'Arry Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:42 am

I suppose, my text didn't have all that in, but was of different context anyway. I see what you mean, I do feel a little bit for them, but hey, give me the personal £15m and I'll swap places, move away and retire! Smile
Helping 'Arry
Helping 'Arry
Coffee and Donut Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum